In this Free-motion Challenge Quilting Along, we are tackling the part of the quilt that stumps a lot of machine quilters….the borders.
Week 1: Wavy, Wavy Borders
Quilting the borders of your quilts is as easy as quilting a wavy line! In this week’s challenge, you’ll:
- Learn how to quilt the wavy design
- Create variations by combining it with other free-motion quilting designs.
- Use it to draw attention to the center of a floral panel
Week 2: The Herringbone Design
A machine quilting design doesn’t have to be difficult to be impactful. In this challenge, you’ll:
- Learn how to quilt the Herringbone design on a sewing machine and a longarm quilting machine
- See the unconventional way I use a ruler when quilting this design.
- Get inspired to come up with several different variations of your own
Week 3: Echoed Wishbone
Giving a traditional quilting design a custom look is as easy as echoing! In this challenge, you’ll:
- Learn how to echo borders and quilt the wishbone design
- See 2 different variations of the design
- Watch it quilted on a longarm and a sewing machine
Week 4: Leafy Border Design and Filler
Create your own Leafy Border design AND learn how to use it to highlight the best part of your quilts!In this challenge, you’ll:
- Learn how to quilt variations of the leafy border design
- Watch as I demonstrate how to quilt it on a sewing machine and a longarm
- Get inspired to change up the size of your design