When Joni and I decided to start Build A Quilt four years ago, we wanted it to be like a block of the month….but better! So we included three different color option with three different layouts for the blocks as well as exclusive deals and live videos.
As we gear up for our fourth year of Build a Quilt, we are continuing to create an even better “block of the month” experience by using Flag Day, one of the color way options, to benefit Quilts of Valor.
If you aren’t familiar with the Quilts of Valor Foundation, their mission is to “cover service members and veterans touched by war with comforting and healing Quilts of Valor.”
By choosing Flag Day for your BAQ color way, you will have the unique opportunity (should you choose) to gift your quilt to a retired or current service member who has been touched by war. These quilts provide comfort, peace, support and healing for those who have given so much to provide for our freedom.
Of course, picking the Flag Day color way for your Build A Quilt, doesn’t obligate you to donate it to Quilts of Valor……we are simply providing the option.
Important Details about Participating
- All quilts must be a minimum of 55″ x 65″ and a maximum of 72″ x 90″ and be 100% cotton fabric. The 10 blocks completed in Build A Quilt, plus the setting (or finishing kit) fall within these guidelines.
- If you choose to donate your quilt, we will provide you with a label that must be attached to the quilt.
- As an incentive, we will offer 20% off quilting services for your Build A Quilt.
- You may choose the service person you wish to be presented with your quilt. Or, it can be given to an approved QOV group to distribute.
- We plan to give you the opportunity to participate in a very moving QOV ceremony to honor service personal.
- Finally, a portion of the proceeds from the Flag Day color way will be given directly to the QOV national organization.