Store your Build A Quilt blocks in style with this vinyl pouch kit made with fabrics that coordinate with your colorway! This zippered pouch has a vinyl front allowing you to quickly see what’s inside and finishes at a roomy 14 1/2″ square.
- 2 Coordinating Fat Quarters
- 1/3 yard of fabric for accent and binding
- Double Stick fusible batting
Kit doesn’t include the zipper or suggested coordinating thread: Persian Glide
How to Make the Vinyl Block Pouch:
This block pouch pattern is adapted from a free tutorial on the Moda Bake Shop with the alterations listed below. The alterations will be included in the kit as well.
Fabric Requirement Alterations:
- 2 coordinating fat quarters (included in kit)
- 7” WOF strip of another coordinating fabric (included in kit)
- 6” WOF Strip for binding (included in kit, same fabric as above)
- 15” square of heavy vinyl (included in kit)
- 15” square of double stick fusible batting (included in kit)
- You will need to purchase a zipper that is at least 15” long.
- Two 15” X 15” squares of fabric are used instead of making a patchwork block from a mini charm pack.
- The two 15” X 15” squares are fused together using double stick fusible batting. However, if you do not want to quilt the squares, you may use double stick fusible web instead.
- The pouch will finish 14 ½” X 14 ½”.
- If you want to add handles your will need to cut 2 – 3” X 16” strips of fabric leftover from a fat quarter and 2 strips of batting to fit in the strip. You can make the handle any size or length you desire anyway you like to do handles.
Click here to watch a video tutorial that Joni made for this project.