Basic Tee-Shirt Quilt Class
Date: March 24, and 31
Time: 6:00 PM -8:30 PM
Location: Liberty EventWorks (Our event center at 400 N Missouri St, Liberty MO 64068, just a few blocks north of the shop)
Now is the time to turn those special T-shirts just sitting in a drawer into a special memory quilt. A T-shirt quilt makes a great graduation present, or a way to honor any loved one. We will use up to 20 tee-shirts in the quilt.
You will learn how to back the shirts with fusible interfacing, cut the shirts into blocks, and sew them into a special quilt with or without sashing. The quilt top will then be ready for quilting.
You need to have a basic knowledge of sewing, supplies listed below, and a sewing machine in good working condition. Note: You will receive a 20% discount for supplies purchased at QIMT for this class.
Supplies for the class on March 24th:
- Clean t-shirts with NO fabric softener
- Cutting mat (17×17 or larger)
- Rotary cutter with sharp blade
- 12 1/2 in square ruler
- Water soluble marking pen- Dritz Mark-B-Gone or other
- Fusible Interfacing – Pellon P 44F (8 yards)
- T-shirt quilt blocks
- Sewing Machine
- Scissors, pins and thread.
- Optional: Sashing fabric (if you opt to add sashing, this will be figured at the first class)
If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org